Important things to know about your Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
  1. Your payments should begin immediately. Payments should be made out to: Robert G. Drummond, Trustee and mailed to P. O. Box 1829, Great Falls MT 59403.
  2. You must have your case number when making payments or when calling or writing the Chapter 13 office.
  3. You are responsible for making your payments until your employer starts wage deductions.
  4. If, for any reason, your Plan payment is not deducted from your check, you must make the payment directly to the Trustee.  Neither the Trustee, nor your attorney, has the authority to allow you to miss Plan payments.
  5. The Chapter 13 Trustee’s office does not accept cash. Payments can only be made with a cashier’s check or money order.
  6. The Chapter 13 Trustee’s office hours are: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
  7. You must keep the Trustee’s office informed of changes in your income or any changes in employment, and the amount of your tax refunds.
  8. You must supply proof of insurance on any cars or houses owned by you upon request of the Trustee.
  9. You must notify the Trustee if you have paid your attorney any fees since the date that your Petition was filed.
  10. All Creditors must be listed in your Schedules. To add a Creditor, see your attorney.
  11. If you are contacted by a Creditor after your case is filed, give the Creditor your case number and attorney’s name. Then contact your attorney.
  12. You may not incur secured debt while you are in Chapter 13 without permission from the Trustee or the Court.  Requests for purchases should be made at least two weeks in advance. 
  13. You may receive a status report on your case by calling or writing the Trustee’s office with your case number or through the National Data Center.
  14. Non-payment of your Plan payments will result in your case being dismissed or converted.
  15. If you move or change jobs, you must notify the Trustee and your attorney.
  16. You must provide the Trustee with copies of your tax returns each year when they are filed and copies of titles to all vehicles. You must notify the Trustee of your tax refunds.  Do not spend your income tax refunds without first contacting your attorney.

  17. You must file a statement verifying that your child support payments are current prior to being granted a discharge.
  18. If a death occurs during your bankruptcy case leaving you entitled to an inheritance, you must notify the Trustee.
  19. If you become entitled to a claim or a judgment against someone during your case, you must notify the Trustee.
Home | About Chapter 13 | Online Access | Court Orders | Debtor's Duties | Hearing Calendar | Bankruptcy Links | Download Forms | Contact Us
Copyright © 2007 Robert G. Drummond. All rights reserved.
Website Design by Schaffer Technologies
Home Page